Donna Jean Sexton-Pemberton filed a $5 million lawsuit in U.S. District Court against Scott County, Tennessee, and its sheriff, Ronnie Phillips, for the July 20, 2016 death of her son, Benny Shane Pemberton. Lance Baker of The Baker Law Firm, is representing Ms....
- Knox County Medical Examiner Report Says Robert Bailey Died of Drug Overdose in Police Custody
- Knox County DA prevents release of police video showing Robert Bailey’s death in custody
- Claiborne County couple allege deputy, officer beat their son, knocked him unconscious after ATV chase
- Transparency does not end at purchasing the body cameras’ | Attorney discusses body-worn camera effectiveness
- ‘Dirty jail floor’: Parents target Morristown police, Hamblen County jail in 2020 OD death of son