Lance Baker of The Baker Law Firm is representing Jeremy Garcia, a Knox County man who alleges he received a jailhouse beating in 2015 severe enough to cause memory loss and ongoing depression and in which he suffered multiple facial fractures. Garcia alleges that his jailers did little or nothing to protect him from more dangerous inmates who threatened him multiple times. Learn about which county officials are named in the $5 million civil rights violation suit, and how a $38 debt and two boxes of pop-tarts figured into the incident in this news article.
- City reaches $150K settlement with man who said KPD officer broke his arm
- Excessive force lawsuit filed against KPD officers seeks $4 million in damages
- Knoxville man alleges KPD officer broke his arm during 2019 traffic stop
- Sheriff’s office stonewalling jail beating victim’s lawyers?
- Federal court affirms that sheriff’s employee can be sued in excessive force suit