What might have been an ordinary traffic stop turned into an unusual encounter on June 17, 2019, when Dorrae Debrice Johnson attempted to evade arrest after a police officer spotted him weaving in and out of his lane of traffic. A car chase and a chase on foot followed. To discover what charges Dorrae faced after his arrest, as well as how he came to have a human torso in the passenger side of his car, you can read more about the case here: Tennessee man arrested after police say human torso found in car: report.
- Excessive force lawsuit filed against KPD officers seeks $4 million in damages
- Knoxville man alleges KPD officer broke his arm during 2019 traffic stop
- Sheriff’s office stonewalling jail beating victim’s lawyers?
- Federal court affirms that sheriff’s employee can be sued in excessive force suit
- Lawsuit by former Hamblen County jail inmate headed toward settlement